Jeffrey I. Cisco
Jeff has been a trial attorney since he was admitted to the Bar for the State of Illinois in 2003. His first job was as a plaintiff’s personal injury attorney in Peoria, where he handled multiple jury trials in his first few months of practice. He then joined the State’s Attorney’s office in 2004, where he prosecuted misdemeanor and felony cases. In 2005 Jeff joined Kanoski Bresney, again concentrating in the representation of the injured. Since that time he has tried numerous cases before juries in several different counties. In addition to his trial work, he has also obtained successful results for injured clients in numerous settlements, arbitrations, and mediations. Jeff has also handled select cases before the Illinois Appellate Court.
Jeff obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from the University of Illinois-Champaign in 2000, and his Juris Doctor from Northern Illinois University in 2003. In addition to the State of Illinois Bar, he is also admitted to practice before the federal Central and Northern Districts of Illinois.
In 2015 Jeff was named an Emerging Lawyer by the Leading Lawyer's Network. This recognition is reserved for just the top 2% of attorneys in the qualifying category for that distinction.
Jeff is a member of the following organizations:
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Sangamon County Bar Association
Jeff was born and raised in Springfield, and still lives in the area with his wife and two daughters.
"[T]here is one human institution that makes a pauper the equal of a Rockefeller, the stupid man the equal of an Einstein, and the ignorant man the equal of any college president. That institution gentlemen, is a court."
Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird
Areas of Practice
- 100% Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
- Major: Economics
- Advanced Evidentiary Issues At Trial, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
Honors and Awards
- Named a member of the Leading Lawyers in 2015 for Illinois
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Sangamon County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice