Joseph T. Moran
Joe is an Illinois native. Born in Chicago and growing up in Naperville he quickly developed a love of the Midwest. Joe stayed in Illinois when he attended Monmouth College. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and History, and immediately enrolled in law school. Joe attended DePaul University College of Law, in Chicago, Illinois, where in addition to his rigorous course load he participated in professional intern and externships, including having worked at: the Kane County State's Attorney's Office, Trustmark Companies Insurance General Counsel's Office, and American Medical Association's General Counsel's Office.
Joe graduated from DePaul University College of Law, and obtained his Juris Doctor, in 2013. After taking the bar, Joe worked as Federal Judicial Clerk/Fellow for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. As a Judicial Clerk/Fellow Joe drafted Social Security Appeals opinions for various Magistrate Judges.
Before joining Kanoski Bresney in 2015, Joe served as the Hancock County Assistant State's Attorney. There he handled a wide array of cases including Felony, Misdemeanor, Traffic, Delinquency, and Abuse, Neglect and Dependency Prosecutions. He also handled various civil matters for the County including tax sale hearings and providing departmental advisements.
Joe joined the Kanoski Bresney Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice litigation team, and works with other KB lawyers and employees to advocate for their clients needs.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2013
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Monmouth College, Monmouth , Illinois
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science and History
Honors and Awards
- Order of the Thistle Award from the Castle and Kilt Society (Monmouth College)
- Collegiate Water Polo Men's DIII Club Scholar Athlete of the Year (Monmouth College)
Past Employment Positions
- US Dist Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Judicial Clerk/Fellow, 2013
- Hancock County State's Attorney's Office, Assistant State's Attorney, 2014 - 2015
- Phi Delta Theta