Larry A. Apfelbaum
1-888-826-8682 (Toll Free)
Larry A. Apfelbaum a practicing attorney in Personal Injury Negotiation, Dispute Resolution, and Workers' Compensation departments.
Larry was born in Freeport, Illinois and raised in the suburbs of Chicago with three brothers. After graduating from Illinois State University in Bloomington, Ill,. in 1984 with a degree in Business Administration / Accounting, he attended the University of Illinois College of Law in Champaign-Urbana earning his Juris Doctor in 1987. Following graduation, Larry worked for a general practice law firm in Bloomington before joining Kanoski Bresney in 1989 to concentrate on personal injury and workers’ compensation cases. During his initial career, Larry quickly realized that the laws are often too complicated for everyday people to understand, and insurance companies like to take advantage of this fact. By focusing his legal career on helping injured people and workers, he knows he’s doing good work leveling the playing field with big insurance companies. In 1995, Larry opened the Bloomington office of Kanoski Bresney and, along with his staff of dedicated legal assistants, Larry has proudly represented thousands of clients in central Illinois over the past 26 years.
Larry has been married to Karen since 1988 and together they currently have seven animal children: Clark, Sissy, Ebony, Nibbles, Fuzz, Banjo and Oscar.
A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Premises Liability
- Car Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Animal Bite Injuries
- Illinois, 1987
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1987
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D. - 1987
- Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
- B.S. - 1984
- Major: Business Administration/Accounting/Finance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- McLean County Bar Association
- Public Justice Foundation
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Counsel and Board of Directors for Wish Bone Canine Rescue in Bloomington
- Past board member for Animal Protective League of Sangamon Country
- Past board Member for the Red Cross of McLean County
- Prairie State Legal Services, volunteer
- McLean County Bar Association: Lawyers in the Classroom and Law Day Committees