Workers' Compensation: Your Right To Medical Benefits
Many injured workers find it difficult to understand their right to medical care under the Illinois' workers' compensation system. At Kanoski Bresney, we can help you understand your rights. At your free initial consultation, we can help answer your questions about medical benefits.
You should know:
- Illinois has a statute of limitations that could bar your claim for benefits if an Application for Adjustment of Claim is not properly filed within a specified period of time.
- Your right to medical benefits may be denied if you do not timely inform your employer of your injury.
- Insurance companies often deny medical care as unreasonable, unnecessary or not related to your accident.
- Employers are not allowed to retaliate against you for filing a workers' compensation claim.
- You have the right to choose your own doctor but Illinois has a two doctor rule that limits the number of physicians you can see.
Disputed medical bills cannot be put on your credit report while your claim is pending.
To learn more about your right to medical benefits and wage benefits, contact Kanoski Bresney. With office locations in Bloomington, Champaign, Decatur, Macomb, Pekin, Quincy, Rushville, and Springfield, we are ready to serve injured workers throughout central Illinois.
Company Designated And Independent Medical Examinations
Your employer may also require you to go to a company designated doctor and the insurance company can send you to a doctor of their choosing. Since these doctors work for your employer or the insurance company, they may be more concerned with saving money and not your health and well-being.
While often referred to as "independent" medical examinations, more often than not these doctors are anything but independent, and are more concerned with saving the insurance company money than with your health and well-being. Kanoski Bresney attorneys can help prepare you for and answer questions about IMEs and company designated doctors.
Our attorneys have handled thousands of workers' compensation claims. We have extensive experience in initial filings and workers' compensation appeals. Let us put our experience to work for you.
Contact Our Central Illinois Workers' Compensation Lawyers
To speak with a workers' compensation attorney who can provide sound advice and effective representation, contact Kanoski Bresney today at 217-280-4985 or by email.