Decatur Personal Injury Attorney
Accidents and injuries happen every day. When they are caused by the negligence of another, you have recourse to recover compensation under civil law. Our Decatur, Illinois personal injury lawyers at Kanoski Bresney have been successfully representing injured people for decades. Call us today if you have suffered an injury through someone else’s negligence.
Why Choose Us?
- We are the largest personal injury law firm in Central Illinois, with 10 attorneys and more than three dozen staff to handle your injury claim.
- Our trial lawyers are not intimidated by large corporations or courtrooms. We will not hesitate to take your case to trial to recover the compensation you deserve.
- We have successfully recovered more than $400 million for our clients.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Handling your own personal injury claim may be similar to treating your own medical condition instead of going to a doctor. If you have suffered serious injuries, your best course of action is to consult with an experienced Decatur personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Our trial lawyers can investigate your accident to determine and prove liability, negotiate with insurance companies, and fight for full and fair compensation in court, if necessary.
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is a civil legal action based on the fundamental concept that another party has caused you harm for which you are entitled to compensation. To prevail in a personal injury claim, you must show that:
- The other party owed you a duty (for example, the duty to exercise reasonable care while operating a motor vehicle).
- The other party breached that duty.
- The other party’s breach of duty caused the injuries you suffered.
- You suffered measurable damages as a result.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our Decatur injury attorneys have more than 40 years of experience representing people wrongfully injured through negligence. We have successfully handled a wide range of personal injury matters, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents: We have extensive experience handling traffic crash cases involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, commercial vehicles, and school buses.
- Workers’ compensation: We serve as dedicated legal advocates for injured workers seeking the workers’ comp benefits they are entitled to receive.
- Medical malpractice: Medical error is a leading cause of injury and death in the U.S. We are tough advocates for injured victims and their families.
- Dangerous drugs and medical devices: We believe that manufacturers of dangerous drugs and medical devices should be held accountable for the harm their products cause.
- Defective products: Manufacturers and sellers have a responsibility to ensure their products are safe for use by consumers.
- Dog bites: Dog owners can be held strictly liable for dog bite injuries in Illinois.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: We help family members of abused nursing home residents seek justice and compensation for their elderly loved ones.
- Construction accidents: Depending on the circumstances, workers injured in construction accidents may have legal options in addition to workers’ compensation.
- Farm vehicle accidents: We help injured farm workers pursue the compensation they deserve.
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents: Property owners have a duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition. When they fail to do so, they may be held liable for resulting injuries.
Contact Our Decatur Office Today
At Kanoski Bresney in Decatur, Illinois, we have dedicated our practice exclusively to representing injured people. Contact our office right away to schedule a free consultation if you believe you may have a personal injury claim for compensation.