Failure To Stop Accidents
Most auto accidents are caused by some form of operator negligence. Speeding, drunk driving, texting and other known risk factors all play a significant role in the total number of auto accidents that occur on a yearly basis. If you or a family member has been injured because a driver failed to properly stop or yield, contact the experienced Springfield car accident attorneys at Kanoski Bresney. Our attorneys have handled thousands of auto accident claims. We represent clients throughout central Illinois.
What is Failure-to-Stop?
One particularly dangerous form of operator negligence is a failure to stop or properly yield. This may occur in a number of contexts:
- Failure to stop for a red light
- Failure to stop at a stop sign
- Failure to yield to pedestrians at an intersection
- Failure to obey a school bus stop sign
- Failure to yield to drivers who have the right of way
- Failure to yield to bicyclists in an intersection
- Failure to see a motorcycle and stop in a timely fashion
- Failure to stop behind other stopped vehicles
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Many people who have been injured in an accident are reluctant to contact an attorney. At first, they may wonder if their injuries are sufficient enough to warrant legal action. Unfortunately, people who delay often regret it later when their injury turns out to be more severe than they originally thought, or when an insurance company refuses to pay a perfectly valid claim.
Do not delay. We offer a free and informative consultation. Our attorneys take on cases of all sizes — not just the high-dollar-value cases. We can help you understand your rights and make an informed decision about your case. If you or a loved one has been injured in a failure to stop auto accident, contact Kanoski Bresney today at (217) 523-7742.