Peoria Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer
The last thing anybody expects when they get behind the wheel of a vehicle is that they will be struck and injured by a hit-and-run driver. However, there are times when negligent or reckless drivers flee the scene of an accident and leave victims in their wake. At Kanoski Bresney, we are ready to help when you need a Peoria hit-and-run accident lawyer. Our team has the resources necessary to investigate your case and secure the compensation you deserve.
Why choose Kanoski Bresney for this case?
After sustaining a serious hit-and-run accident injury, you need an attorney with extensive experience handling these cases. Let Kanoski Bresney get to work today.
- We have been serving the central Illinois community for more than 40 years, and have vast experience handling personal injury cases.
- We have a track record of success and have secured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
- We take Peoria hit-and-run accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients do not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
Why do you need an attorney for this case?
Hit-and-run accidents often involve extensive investigation in order to prove liability. A Peoria hit-and-run accident lawyer will have the resources necessary to:
- Obtain all evidence from the scene of the incident, including statements from eyewitnesses, any available video surveillance, photographs, and incident reports.
- Work with a trusted medical professional to ensure that the injury victim is evaluated and that their total losses are properly calculated.
- Handle negotiations with all parties involved in order to secure full compensation for a claim.
Hit-and-run accidents can cause severe injuries
During the latest reporting year across the state, the Illinois Department of Transportation says that there were more than 319,000 total vehicle crashes. Out of these incidents, there were more than 94,000 injuries and 1,035 total fatalities.
Illinois does not publish exact statistics on how many of these incidents are the result of hit-and-run crashes. However, when we turn to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, we can see that there are approximately 682,000 hit-and-run incidents that occur each year in the United States.
Hit-and-run crashes can leave victims with serious injuries. At Kanoski Bresney, we regularly help clients who have sustained the following in these incidents:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Open head wounds
- Severe lacerations
- Deep bruising
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- and more
How much compensation is available for a hit and run accident?
There is no set amount of compensation available to victims of a hit-and-run accident. However, at Kanoski Bresney, we are regularly able to help victims in these cases secure the following types of compensation:
- Coverage of all crash-related medical bills
- Lost income if they cannot work while they recover
- Property damage expenses
- Any out-of-pocket or household expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
Our team will work to ensure you gain your rightful coverage through your uninsured motorist policy (if you have one), or through the insurance carrier or a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party if they are apprehended by law enforcement. If you need a Peoria car accident lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (888) 826-8682.