Peoria Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents are a leading cause of injury and death today. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 37,000 people were killed in traffic crashes on U.S. roadways in a recent year. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, contact a Peoria car accident attorney at Kanoski Bresney right away. Our accident attorneys are tough advocates for injured people.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- Our experienced Peoria injury lawyers are not intimidated by large corporations or courtrooms. We will not hesitate to take your case to trial if it means getting the compensation you deserve.
- Our attorneys have more than four decades of experience representing people who have been injured through the negligence of others.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis. This means we do not charge any fees unless we win your case.
Why You Need a Car Accident Attorney
Illinois is a modified comparative fault state. The fault for an auto accident is calculated by the judge or jury and measured in percentages. For example, if your damages are $100,000 and you are assigned 10% of the fault for the accident, your recovery will be $90,000.
The at-fault driver’s insurance company may attempt to deny liability, reduce the value of your claim, and assign as much fault for the accident as possible to you. Our experienced Peoria car accident lawyers can investigate your accident to determine liability, assess the full value of your claim, negotiate with the other side on your behalf, and take your case to court, if necessary.
Car Accident Statistics
NHTSA reports that:
- 2,443,000 people in the U.S. were injured in traffic crashes in 2015, the most recent year for which injury statistics are available.
- Per 100 million vehicle miles traveled, the fatality rate was 0.90 for passenger cars and 0.73 for light trucks.
- Per 100,000 population, the injury rate was 761 and the fatality rate was 11.06.
- 6,693 people were injured and 97 were killed in U.S. traffic crashes every day.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Most car accidents are caused by driver error. Common causes include:
- Distracted driving: As reported by NHTSA, distracted driving claimed 3,450 lives in 2016 alone.
- Drunk driving: Alcohol-impaired driving was a factor in 9,477 fatal crashes in 2016, killing 10,497 people.
- Speeding: NHTSA reports that speeding accounted for 27% of all traffic fatalities in 2016, killing 10,111 people.
- Aggressive driving: This combination of dangerous driving behaviors may include speeding, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, running red lights and stop signs, and failure to yield the right-of-way to other drivers.
Common Injuries in Car Accidents
Car crashes can cause a wide range of injuries, from minor to fatal. Common injuries in car accidents include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
Contact Our Peoria Accident Lawyers
If you or your loved one has been seriously injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the responsible party should be held liable for your losses. Call the dedicated Peoria car accident attorneys today at Kanoski Bresney to schedule a free consultation.