Peoria Product Liability Attorney
When you purchase a product for yourself or your family to use or consume, you should not have to worry about the product being defective and causing you harm. Unfortunately, defective products make it into the hands of consumers on a regular basis in our area. At Kanoski Bresney, we are ready to help when you need a Peoria product liability attorney. We pledge to thoroughly investigate your case so we can secure full conversation for your injury-related expenses.
Choose Kanoski Bresney to help with your case
After sustaining a serious injury caused by a defective product, you need an attorney with extensive resources and experience. Let Kanoski Bresney get to work today.
- We have been serving the central Illinois area for more than 40 years and are devoted to providing every client with personalized attention for their case.
- Our ability to effectively manage injury cases, and our extensive resources, allow us to conduct full investigations into every case.
- We take all Peoria product liability cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for their case. We only collect legal fees after we secure the compensation our clients deserve.
How will a product liability attorney help this case?
A Peoria product liability attorney is going to have the resources and experience necessary to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the faulty product injury, including company and manufacturer documents related to the product in question, accident reports, eyewitness statements, and more.
- Work with trusted medical professionals to ensure their client’s well-being and to get an assessment of the expected medical costs.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to obtain a fair settlement for their client.
How do products become defective?
It may surprise people to learn that thousands of products are recalled every year in the United States due to some sort of defect. When examining the government website that lists all current recalls, we can see that every industry is affected. This includes toys, motor vehicles and motor vehicle parts, prescription medications, medical devices, cosmetics, household cleaners, foods and beverages, appliances, furniture, and more.
Products become defective in a variety of ways. In most cases, a product is defective because of a:
- Design flaw. Even though products are supposed to be tested before they reach the hands of consumers, there are times when a design flaw is not discovered until after the product reaches the market. In some cases, companies intentionally disregard or mislead regulators about flawed designs.
- Manufacturing error. Sometimes a well-designed product can become altered or damaged during the manufacturing process. This will alter the product’s design and often render it harmful to consumers.
- Marketing or label problem. Consumers rely on a product’s label to inform them about how to use the product, dosages, side effects, hazards, ingredients, and more. If a product label is misleading or missing information, the product can become dangerous for consumers.
How much compensation is available?
The total amount of compensation available in a product liability case will differ depending on the various elements related to each particular case. There is no set amount of compensation, but the team of Peoria personal injury lawyers at Kanoski Bresney is regularly able to help injury victims recover the following:
- Coverage of their medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits if they cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against the company or manufacturer of the product
When you need a Peoria product liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-438-2419.