Champaign Burn Injury Lawyer
Burn injuries can be severe and leave victims suffering from significant scarring, disfigurement, and disabilities. Burn injuries can also lead to tremendous medical and out-of-pocket expenses. At Kanoski Bresney, we are here to help when you need a Champaign burn injury lawyer. If another person is responsible for causing your burn injuries, let us work to secure the compensation you deserve.
Why choose Kanoski Bresney for your case?
After sustaining a burn injury caused by another person, you need an attorney with extensive experience handling these cases. Kanoski Bresney is here to help you today.
- When an injury occurs, our attorneys focus on helping clients get the respect, response, and results that they deserve.
- We ensure that every client receives individualized attention because we believe this is the best way to ensure that their needs are met and that they are taken care of after a burn injury.
- We take Champaign burn injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
Why is an attorney necessary?
Unfortunately, many burn injury victims do not have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into their own claim. However, a Champaign burn injury lawyer will have the resources and experience to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the incident, including video and photo surveillance, company and manufacturer documents, statements from eyewitnesses, accident reports, and more.
- Ensure the client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who will assess their injuries and help calculate total damages.
- Negotiate with every party involved in order to secure full compensation for their client.
How do Champaign burn injuries occur?
Burn injuries can happen in a variety of ways, often due to the negligence of another person, company, or manufacturer. The American Burn Association says that approximately 450,000 people seek hospital treatment each year for their injuries across this country. At Kanoski Bresney, we have clients who sustained burn injuries caused by:
- Car accidents
- Defective products
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Intentional actions of others
- and more
Our Champaign burn injury attorneys are regularly able to uncover the negligence of other parties in these incidents. Sometimes, this can include unsafe working conditions and violations of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations. In other cases, particularly defective product burn injuries, we discover company or manufacturer negligence.
Burns are classified based on the severity of the injury, ranging from first-degree (or at least severe) to fourth-degree (the most severe). These injuries often require extensive medical care, and they can lead to significant disfigurement or scarring for the victim. In some cases, burn injury victims lose functionality and are unable to work or enjoy the daily life activities they are accustomed to enjoying.
What kind of compensation is available for this case?
If you or somebody you love has sustained a burn injury caused by another person’s actions, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. At Kanoski Bresney, our Champaign personal injury lawyers have extensive experience helping burn injury victims recover the following:
- Compensation for all medical bills related to the burn
- Lost wages and benefits if they cannot work
- General household expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
If you need a Champaign burn injury lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-438-2419.