Champaign Dog Bite Accident Lawyer
The last thing you should have to worry about when you are around another person’s dog is that you will sustain a bite injury. Unfortunately, dog bite cases are incredibly common. At Kanoski Bresney, we are here to help when you need a Champaign dog bite accident lawyer. Our team has extensive experience helping dog bite victims recover the compensation they deserve from negligent dog owners. Let us get to work investigating your case today.
Why choose Kanoski Bresney for this case?
If you have been bitten and injured by another person’s dog, you need to speak to an attorney with experience handling these cases. Kanoski Bresney is ready to help.
- We have attorneys who work exclusively on injury negotiations and injury litigation, which means we are ready to handle every aspect of your case.
- We have an extensive track record of success and have secured more than $400 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
- We take all Champaign dog bite accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not collect any legal fees until after we secured the compensation our clients deserve.
How will an attorney help a dog bite case?
Even though dog bite cases should be straightforward, that is often not the case. Dog bite victims usually do not have the resources to thoroughly investigate their claim or stand up to aggressive insurance carriers. A dog bite accident attorney in Champaign will have the resources necessary to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the dog bite incident.
- Ensure their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional.
- Negotiate with every party involved to obtain a fair settlement.
Understanding Champaign dog bite injuries
Dog bite injuries occur unexpectedly, and they can lead to significant injuries. At Kanoski Bresney, we regularly help clients who have sustained the following due to a dog bite incident:
- Severe soft tissue damage (lacerations, puncture wounds, tears)
- Amputations of the fingers
- Broken bones in the hands and fingers
- Severed veins, arteries, tendons, and muscles
- Significant scarring or disfigurement
Illinois Is considered a “strict liability” state concerning dog bite incidents. This means that the owner of a dog can be held liable for any bite injury regardless of whether or not the dog has ever bitten anybody before or was known to be aggressive. Illinois also uses a strict liability rule for other injuries that are caused by a dog that may not be related to a bite. For example, if a dog jumps on somebody, knocks them down, and causes a broken bone, then the owner may still be liable for the injury expenses.
In these cases, a dog bite injury victim can usually obtain coverage if they were bitten while they were in a public area or lawfully in a private area.
What kind of compensation is available?
If you or somebody you love has sustained injuries due to a dog bite, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. At Kanoski Bresney, we have extensive experience helping victims recover the following through insurance settlements or personal injury lawsuits:
- Coverage of all dog bite-related medical expenses
- Recovery of lost income if a victim cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
If you need a Champaign dog bite accident lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-438-2419.