Champaign Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycles are smaller, less, visible, and less stable than four-wheeled passenger vehicles. Riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle and are vulnerable to serious injuries in a crash. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact Kanoski Bresney in Champaign, Illinois as soon as possible. Our experienced Champaign accident attorneys are tough advocates for injured motorcyclists.
Why Choose Us?
- We have successfully recovered more than $400 million for our clients.
- Our Illinois injury lawyers are not intimidated by large corporations and will not hesitate to take your case to court if it is in your best interests.
- We operate on a contingency-fee basis, which means you pay us no fees until we recover compensation for you.
How can a Champaign Motorcycle Accident Attorney help your case?
Stated simply, without legal representation, you could lose out on the full compensation you deserve. Motorcycle accident cases can be complex and confusing. Insurance companies have teams of aggressive lawyers with the goal of denying liability or settling your claim for as little as possible. Our experienced Champaign motorcycle accident attorneys can deal with insurance companies on your behalf, protect your rights, and tenaciously pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Motorcycle Crash Statistics in Champaign, IL
As reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 5,286 motorcyclists were killed in traffic crashes in a recent year.
- Motorcyclists accounted for 14% of all traffic fatalities.
- Per 100,000 registered vehicles, the fatality rate in 2016 was 60.90 for motorcycles, as compared to 9.94 for passenger cars and 7.80 for light trucks.
- 91% of motorcyclist traffic deaths have occurred on non-interstate roads.
- 55% of fatal motorcycle crashes are collisions with another motor vehicle.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Champaign, IL
Motorcyclists are at risk for serious or fatal injuries in a collision with a passenger vehicle or truck. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
Many collisions involving a motorcycle and another vehicle are caused by a driver making a left-hand turn directly into the path of a motorcycle that is traveling straight.
Unsafe lane changes
Motorcycles are smaller and less visible than passenger vehicles and may appear in a driver’s blind spot. A driver who changes lanes without signaling or doing a head check risks a collision with a motorcycle.
Driving too fast is a major contributing factor in many types of traffic crashes. Speeding reduces the chance of slowing or stopping in time to avoid a crash and causes greater impact when two vehicles collide.
Drivers who open the door of a parked vehicle in the path of an oncoming motorcycle are likely to cause a crash.
Texting, talking on the phone, conversing with passengers, adjusting the stereo, and other forms of driver distraction can cause motorcycle accidents.
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is illegal and dangerous. In its publication “Quick Facts 2016,” NHTSA reports that alcohol-impaired driving was involved in 10,497 traffic deaths in 2016.
Dangerous road conditions
Motorcycles lack the stability of four-wheeled cars and trucks. Potholes, uneven pavement, debris or dead animals in the road, and other hazardous conditions can cause serious motorcycle accidents.
Contact Our Champaign Office Today
At Kanoski Bresney in Champaign, Illinois, we provide experienced legal representation for motorcycle riders who have been injured through the negligence of another. If you have been hurt in a serious motorcycle accident, call our Champaign motorcycle accident lawyers right away to schedule a free consultation.