Champaign Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
Slip and fall accidents are a leading cause of traumatic brain injury, hip fractures, back and spinal cord injuries, shoulder injuries, sprains, and broken bones. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident caused by someone else’s negligence, your best course of action is to consult with an experienced Illinois personal injury attorney. Call us today to schedule a consultation at Kanoski Bresney in Champaign, Illinois. We can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.
Why Choose Us?
- We have more than four decades of experience representing people who have been wrongfully injured through negligence.
- Our Champaign slip and fall attorneys have successfully recovered more than $400 million for our clients.
- We are a client-oriented firm, committed to serving the best interests of the people we represent.
Why You Need a Lawyer
If the injuries you sustained in a slip and fall accident are serious, you should look for a Champaign slip and fall lawyer right away. Fault is not often obvious in a slip and fall case, and insurers will not usually acknowledge liability to a person who is not represented by an attorney. Without a lawyer, you may not get very far with your claim. Our Champaign injury attorneys will use their experience and litigation skills for your benefit, from proving liability to assessing the full extent of your damages.
Slip and Fall Accident Statistics
The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) provides facts and statistics about slip and falls:
- Most slip and falls occur on wet surfaces.
- More women than men will experience a slip and fall accident.
- Slip and falls account for more than one million hospital emergency room visits per year (12% of all falls).
- Fractures occur in five percent of people who fall.
- Slip and fall accidents are the primary cause of lost days from work, the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims, and the leading cause of occupational injury among workers ages 55 and older.
- Floors and flooring materials contribute to more than two million fall injuries per year.
- Falls are the second leading cause of injury-related death among older adults ages 65 to 84 and the leading cause for people age 85 and older.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
More than a million people every year need emergency medical attention for injuries caused in slip and fall accidents. Common causes of slip and falls include the following.
Hazardous Walking Surfaces
Walking surfaces that are wet, slippery, or strewn with obstacles can cause serious slip and fall accidents. Examples include:
- Floors that were recently mopped or waxed
- Torn carpeting
- Loose floorboards
- Uneven surfaces with no warning signs
- Spilled liquid or grease that is not cleaned up promptly
- Debris or trash on the floor
- Poor lighting that makes it difficult to see obstacles or debris
- Stairs with no handrails
- Potholes in parking lots
Rain, snow, ice, and hazardous weather conditions can lead to slip and fall accidents. Property owners have a responsibility to shovel sidewalks and salt steps and walkways to help prevent falls. When they fail to do so, they may be liable for slip and fall accidents and injuries.
Contact Us Today
Our Campaign slip and fall lawyers at Kanoski Bresney in Champaign, Illinois are dedicated legal advocates for injured people. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, call our office as soon as possible.