Champaign Truck Accident Lawyer
Large trucks can cause serious injuries when they are involved in an accident. Semi-trucks, delivery trucks, and other large trucks on the roadway can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds when fully loaded, and there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or company cause accidents.
At Kanoski Bresney, our Champaign truck accident attorneys are ready to get to work investigating your crash so we can secure the compensation you are entitled to. If you’ve reached our page in search of legal guidance in a potential truck accident injury case, contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.
Why choose Kanoski Bresney for this case?
When you have been injured in a truck accident, you need an attorney you can trust both personally and professionally. At Kanoski Bresney, our compassionate and dedicated team is standing by.
- We have secured over $400 million in settlements and verdicts for our injured clients.
- Our firm focuses exclusively on personal injury law, and this specialization ensures that we know the tactics needed to help families secure maximum compensation for their case.
- We take all Champaign truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you will pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs. You only owe us legal fees after we secure compensation through a settlement or verdict.
How much is a truck accident claim worth in Champaign, IL?
No two truck accident cases are alike, and the final settlement or verdict paid to a victim will differ from case to case. Many factors go into how much a person will receive, including the severity of the injuries, how long it takes for the victim to recover, how much property damage there was, and more. Generally, the following types of compensation are available:
- Coverage for medical expenses related to the incident
- Any lost income and benefits
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against the truck driver or trucking company
What is the statute of limitations on truck accident claims in Illinois?
Each state sets time limits on filing personal injury claims called statutes of limitations. In Illinois, victims injured in a truck accident have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim against a negligent truck driver or trucking company. Any claims filed beyond this two-year limit will likely be dismissed, so please seek assistance from a Champaign truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
What are common injuries I can seek compensation for in a Champaign truck accident?
Trucks are large vehicles and weigh much more than traditional passenger vehicles. It is not uncommon for the truck accident lawyers at Kanoski Bresney to help clients who have sustained the following in a crash:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Loss of or damage to a bodily organ
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Significant disfigurement
Each of these injuries requires medical care, can lead to tremendous medical expenses, and can have long recovery times for victims.
Contact us today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a large truck accident that was caused by the carelessness or negligence of the truck driver or trucking company, seek legal assistance today. At Kanoski Bresney, we are dedicated to securing the compensation you need and the aftermath of incidents like this. When you need a Champaign truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at (217) 356-1570.