Springfield Product Liability Attorney
Every year thousands of people in Illinois are injured and killed by dangerous and defective products. At Kanoski Bresney, our Springfield product liability atttorneys are dedicated to representing people injured by defective household, farm, and industrial products. We have offices in Bloomington, Champaign, Decatur, Macomb, Pekin, Quincy, Rushville, and Springfield, and have served clients in central Illinois for decades.
Product manufactures, distributors, and retailers have an obligation to ensure that the products they produce and sell are safe. Our Springfield personal injury attorneys have successfully handled product liability cases involving a wide range of defective products, from a $3 million dollar result in a farm equipment defect case, to cases involving elevators, stoves, and grain augers.
What is the Statute of Limitations in Product Liability Cases?
Do not delay. Illinois has statutes, or state laws, governing the time allowed for filing specific types of lawsuits. These time limits are called “Statutes of Limitations.” If you miss the deadline for filing your case, you lose the right to do so. You are best protected by discussing your case with an attorney as soon as possible.
What are Product Liability Cases?
Product liability cases typically revolve around one of five claims:
- Design defects — where the product would be safe except for flaws in the design of the product
- Manufacturing defects — where the danger of the product resulted directly from the material or processes used to manufacture the product
- Marketing Defects — when manufactures, distributors, or retailers market a product for a use other than what it was designed for
- Failure to Warn — when manufacturers fail to warn consumers about the dangers of a product. This is generally applied to cases where a product is inherently dangerous, even when it is used as intended.
- Failure to Guard — claims can be brought when inherently dangerous products are not manufactured in a matter that offers users the greatest level of protection possible.
Our product liability attorneys often seek the expertise of engineers, designers, and materials specialists when handling product liability litigation. When we accept a defective products case, we are dedicated to ensuring our client gets the respect, response, and results® they deserve.
Contact Our Springfield Product Liability Lawyers
If you or a member of your family has been injured as a result of a dangerous or defective product, please contact Kanoski Bresney. Our Springfield product liability attorneys can be reached by calling (217) 523-7742 or filling out the intake form below.